First of all, I'm trying super hard to work on my tolerance of stupidity...but part of me feels like I shouldn't have to. Lol. Sometimes I feel like a lot of peoples' parents must feel when they're trying to tell their kid something valuable but are getting that 'I'm-talking-to-a-brick-wall' feeling. Some things are just stupid.
One of the seasonals working at my store is sooo obsessed with creating some picture-perfect life that it's annoying. The girl is 20 years old. She's already living with her 'fiance' (whom she's been with for a year), planning their wedding for next year, and is on the list for adopting a child. SERIOUSLY??
1) You can't even get into a freaking bar yet. Why are you doing all this?
2) Her 'fiance' doesn't seem nearly as caught up with all this as she does.
3) I don't think he's 21 yet, either. Does she not realize that by the time next year gets here, both of them may be two very different people?? I mean I'm newly 21, but I know for sure that I'm not the same person I was a year ago. This point of life is full of transitioning...
4) Why the HECK are you on the adoption list??? You're working a seasonal position, minimum wage in retail. Is this baby going to come with a rich sponsor?? SMH.
5) If I hear her talking about her damn wedding one. more. time.
6) I almost smacked her because she looked at me like I was crazy when she asked me how long my bf and I have been together, then looked at me crazy when I said we weren't getting married until we were both done with school and living stable lives. Umm sorry...is that so wrong?? Lol. Weirdo.
♥At a Glance...♥
30 Day Challenge A HOT Ass Mess Adam Rodriguez Alicia Keys Angelina Jolie Anthony David Attention Whores Babies BabyMamas Baduisms Barack Obama BestFriends Beyonce Birthday Black People Blogging Boys II Men C.R.E.A.M. CB Christina Aguilera CM Coltrane Criminal Minds CSI Daddy Darfur Death Dreams Eric Dane family Fashion FB Fierce Food Gabourey Sidibe Genocide Grey's Anatomy Hair Haters Health Hello Kitty Hill Harper Hip-Hop Hollywood I Love It I Should Cut You I'm Over it Idris Elba India.Arie issues Jay-Z Jhene Aiko JillyFromPhilly John Legend Kanye Kelis Keyshia Cole KFC Kids these Days Lame Lauryn Hill LBGT Leela James Lil' Boosie Love Love and Ish LoveThoseLyrics Marriage Marsha Ambrosius Michael Ealy Michael Jackson Michelle Obama Mommy Money music Mya Natural Hair Ne-Yo New Year Ninjas Oh You Mad? Old People On That Stuff Paramore Please Stop Priscilla Renea Psychology Racism Raheem DeVaughn Relationships Religion Resolutions Rihanna Road Rage Chronicles Sail Out Save the Music School Slutbuckets SMH So Wavy Soulmates Soundtracks Spotlight Stalkers Stereotypes Steve Harvey STFU Survey SWV Takers Talib Kweli Television TheDream Thieves Trina Twitter Wale Wasted whack music Where's your mama? White people Willie Lynch Letter Woah...Come Again? Women Work